Nothing says LOVE like preparing a special meal, for your special someones.
Luckily, my son has really taken an interest in cooking. He loves to look for new recipes on the internet, and found this one on allrecipes.com. It was a big hit!
This delightful braised balsamic chicken pairs well with a variety of side dishes, and is the perfect way to warm up the body and hearts of your special someones.
Yours in good health,
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook seasoned chicken breasts until chicken is browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add onion; cook and stir until onion is browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Feel free to add other vegetables.
- Pour diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken; season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
(photo credit: Allrecipes.com)