My Dad made the best Caesar Salad in the world! …Maybe you think I am biased (which of course I am), but… give it a try and see if you agree. This creamy, lemony, garlic powered masterpiece wakes up the taste buds, and super charges your immune system. Ka Pow! You’ll never settle for a boring salad again!
By the way, this recipe is top secret. Please share responsibly, with those who are true Caesar Salad lovers.
- One head of Romain lettuce (washed, dried, and broken into bite sized pieces)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and pressed/crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp horseradish mayo (President’s Choice makes a good one)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- pinkie size squeeze of anchovy paste
- 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- *freshly grated parmesan cheese (grated over the salad once it has been tossed)
Caesar Dressing: Put egg yolk, garlic (crushed), mayo, mustard, anchovy paste and cheese in a small glass bowl. Mix together with a whisk or spoon. Add olive oil slowly, while you whisk or mix vigorously, until the dressing becomes smooth and creamy. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Mix again.
Cover and refrigerate the dressing, until ready to use.
Wash, dry, and break the romain lettuce into bite sized pieces. Place into a salad bowl. Add croutons and dressing. Toss until the lettuce is well coated. Grate parmesan cheese on top before serving.
For a delicious meal, you can add grilled chicken to the salad. Yum.
Hope you and your family LOVE our Caesar Salad as much as my family does!