Looking to add more veggies? Then you gotta try this cauliflower rice!
This quick and easy cauliflower rice dish is based on a recipe from damndelicious.net. It truly is simple to prepare, and damn delicious!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- sea salt and pepper to taste
1. To make the cauliflower rice, place the cauliflower florets in a food processor, and pulse until it resembles the consistency of rice. Set aside.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil, in a frying pan, over low heat. Add eggs and cook until done (about 2-3 minutes per side). Cut the egg into small pieces and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in your frying pan, over medium high heat. Saute garlic and onion until soft. Then stir in broccoli, carrots, corn and peas, and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Stir in cauliflower, eggs, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and the cauliflower is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
6. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds and cashews, if desired.
*Feel free to be creative and add all of your favourite “fried rice” ingredients. Pineapple and shrimp, anyone? Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!